Saturday, June 1, 2019

June 1st - Last Minute Issues

After a week and a half, and $600.00, we finally got Homer out of the transmission shop at 5:30 p.m. last night. Of course the tech could not duplicate the problem I took him in for but he thought it was shifting sluggishly so I agreed they should install an "upgrade kit", new filter, and new fluid. He did say that while he had it apart he found a valve in the transmission  that was sticking pretty bad. He was 90% sure that freeing the valve will solve the problem of it dropping into neutral occasionally when cold. We took Homer home and put him in the storage building until we get back from our upcoming trip. I saw this cartoon this recently on RVtravel.com and thought it summed up my RV week.


Marge is all packed and ready to go with the exception of the cold food, which will be put in tomorrow, and Kellen's stuff. We pick him up at the airport this afternoon.

The last issue I am dealing with before we leave is a bad tooth. Last week I had a tooth repaired and then the tooth next to it started hurting. The tooth that is hurting had a root canal done on it in 2010. Last week, over two days, the dentist cleaned out all the old root canal fill and replaced it hoping this would save the tooth. It didn't. The x-ray shows that it is abscessed. I have been on antibiotics for several days and they haven't helped with the infection or the pain. Ibuprofen is my friend. My dentist is doing me a favor and coming to the office this morning (Saturday) at 8:00 a.m. to pull the tooth so we can leave on Monday as planned. I am hoping the abscess clears up quickly once the tooth is removed. Not the best way to start a two-month long trip out of the country. We leave Monday morning at 4:00 a.m. Our first stop is Zanesville, Ohio. It will be the longest leg of the trip to the tip of Nova Scotia to catch the ferry to Newfoundland.





No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...