Wednesday, May 22, 2019

May 22nd - Homer to the Shop

Homer was all ready to make a trip to Northeast Missouri on Sunday. We were headed up I-55 about 7:00 a.m. when the transmission started slipping in and out of neutral. It did this a couple of years ago and then again the other week after getting him out of storage. We decided to turn around and go home. We didn't want to take a chance on being a long way from home and needing a tow. We drove the car to visit our friends and had a nice visit. We just stayed with them instead of in Homer.

This morning I took Homer to the transmission shop in Cape Girardeau. The transmission slipped i and out of neutral several times in the first ten minutes of driving down there and then worked fine the rest of the way. This has been the pattern. It seems to be worse as the transmission heats up. Something isn't right and it needs to be fixed. I hope they can find it and I hope it isn't TOO EXPENSIVE . Transmission stuff is never cheap.

I have switched to Gioogle Blogger after several of the blog followers said they prefered it over Wordpress. Blogger is easier for me to use and is free. I was at the ponit with Wordpress where I was going to have to start paying to blog.

I am able to set the program so that ten people receive an email whenever I make a new post. I did that this afternoon for people who I know follow the blog and a couple of new ones. If  you get the email you must respond within 14 days that you want the emails. I would appreciate hearing from you if you get the notice to make sure I am doing it right. I believe there is a way to leave a comment on the blog that I can read.  If you do not want the email notices let me know, there are other names I can use. I am surprised that I am limited to ten names for this email feature.


2 comments:

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...