Wednesday, June 12, 2019

June 12th - My Birthday

Today I turned seventy, entering another decade.

We left the RV park a little early because the weather was predicted for rain and winds up to 50 mph. I had already been warned that we are in a windy driving area. Our stop for the day was to be Fundland RV Park and Cabins. It rained the entire four hour drive today. We followed the GPS about ten miles off the highway. I had put in the actual address of the place so it shouldn't have been a problem finding it but it was after all. When we got to our destination she didn't say "You reached your destination". She said "You reached your "Way Point". There was nothing but forests on either side of the road. I continued down the road and saw a community center/library. The driveway was large enough that I could pull in. I went inside and a lady told me that we had passed up our destination five miles back. Luckily I could turn around and off we went again. We found the RV park back up the road and it was pretty much a dump, which was okay, but upon checking in the lady said they had tried to call us several times to tell us that their sites would not accommodate our 36 foot fifth wheel. She said we could park in the field with no hookups. I didn't have a problem with no hookups but I was worried about how soft the field was and if we could get out in the morning as it continued to rain. We had passed another RV park on the way so opted to go back to it and get a site.

When we to the park it was pouring rain and, again because it is before the season, the office wasn't open. It was self check in. We did that, luckily having the correct amount in Canadian money. We pulled into a site that we could use without having to unhook the truck for the night.

It has been pouring rain ever since we got here. Hopefully it will clear up tomorrow as we head further north.  The trip here was more scenic than we have had to date. Here are a couple of pictures Kelly took while I was driving.


Here is a picture of an area we saw along the way which has been clear cut.


The rain continues and the wind has picked up. I am glad I am not driving in this today.

Yesterday while driving we stopped at a Canadian Tire. I took a picture of the entry to the building because we had seen many of these up here. They construct windscreens to block the wind into the buildings.






2 comments:

  1. Did turning 70 hurt?
    Happy birthday from both of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bit. My dad would have been thrilled to live to 70 and my brother would have been thrilled to live to 50. I am blessed.

      Delete

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...