Wednesday, February 2, 2022

February 2, 2022 - Toilet Repair

Since we arrived in Florida there has been a slight smell in the toilet room that I didn't like (and I won't describe here). I decided that the gasket, which is rubber and seals the toilet to the floor flange, may be dry-rotted and letting a little odor in. Here is a picture of the replacement gasket I ordered.

Upon pulling the toilet out the gasket did not appear obviously "bad" but it was time for a replacement anyway. Here is a picture with the toilet pulled out. The rubber gasket goes on the toilet and the toilet then fits into the center of the floor flange, which is the round black flange in this picture. This flange holds the toilet to the floor the same as a toilet in a house. In a house a wax ring is used to make a seal but they do not work well in an RV which is flexing going down the road - thus the reason for a rubber gasket.


With the toilet pulled out there was no odor from the holding tank, an indication that the vent is working well. I have not posted pictures of me dismantling the toilet and cleaning every part I could to eliminate any possible odor. It was not fun and there definitely were no "Kodak Moments".  Here is a picture of the toilet reinstalled and a new toilet brush as well. Hopefully this gasket will solve the problem and last for another ten years.


It is a beautiful day today and I will be playing in a golf scramble tournament in Tampa with others here in the park. We play once a month and it is always a great time. The weather is going to be perfect - sunny and in the mid 70s. I hope to not only enjoy the day but to continue to improve my game.



No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...