Sunday, March 29, 2020

March 29th - Moving Homer out of the Way

I got a call this morning from the fellow I rent space from to store Homer. He asked if I could come out and move Homer so another fellow could get his camper out. I loaded up the starting battery, tools, and the keys and headed out there.

When I put Homer in storage out there last fall I was concerned about mice so I put out three sticky traps. One in the engine compartment and two inside. Immediately upon opening the hood we saw the trap got one mouse. I assumed you didn't want a picture of it. He was not a pretty sight. I hope he was the only one. I put the battery in Homer. He started right up and I pulled him out of the way. Inside by the driver seat was a sticky trap but fortunately no mouse. Good. I think the other sticky trap was in the bathroom but I didn't go back there to look for it.

I noticed that the backup camera was not working. I'm hoping the mice didn't eat the video cable. They had done that when we bought Homer in 2015. I had to buy and run a new cable from the front to back. No fun. I am hoping maybe there is just a bad connection somewhere. I'll work on it when I get him home next month.

After I pulled Homer back inside the building I took the sticky trap that was inside the cab and put it up under the hood, just in case another one is wandering around. I left the battery in since I will be bringing Homer home in a few weeks to de-winterize and ready him for any possible trips we may be able to take with the coronavirus situation. Our June Michigan Circle trip is cancelled. I doubt Kellen will be able to fly here and I doubt it will be all clear for camping and traveling then. I think this summer is just going to be a traveling bust.


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...