Monday, March 2, 2020

March 2, 2020 - Last Chemo Treatment - Let's Go RVing!

Today I had my last chemotherapy treatment. It has been a long eighteen weeks, particularly since it dashed our wintering in Florida this year. I received a certificate from the Siteman Cancer Center. Here is a picture of me outside with the certificate as we head home.


Here is a close-up of the wording of the certificate for those interested.


They also gave me a very nice metal "Survivor" key chain. Here is a picture of it. It is the size of a silver dollar.


I go back on April 13th for a CT Scan, blood work, doctor visit, and to get my next hormone therapy shot. My doctor said the CT Scan will give him a baseline for the future. My PSA is once again negligible, like it was after my operation four years ago.

With the CT scan and hormone therapy dates lined out I can now buy a ticket to fly out to California to see my new granddaughter who is due to arrive on April 12th. Kelly is flying out on April 4th so that she is there for the big event, as she was last time. I will stay four or five days and then we will both fly home AND MAKE PLANS TO USE THE RVs!!!!!!!

We have a Carri-Yals rally in Illinois at Rend Lake in May and another in Shelbyville, Illinois in June. We have made reservations for both but may miss the June rally if that is the time that Kellen can come to Missouri and go on an RV trip with us.

This year we want to spend about a month doing the "Michigan Circle". It is a road trip around Lake Michigan, half in Michigan and half in Wisconsin. We also want to spend some time visiting our Michigan friends (from the RV park in Florida) while we are up there. As soon as we establish Kellen's summer vacation time we can begin to make plans and reservations. We have friends we met at the Alburqueque Balloon Fiesta that may be able to make the trip with us. It will be great fun and a chance to see a part of the country we have never seen before.

Kellen said he didn't want to spend the entire summer with us as he has for the last several years. He wants to spend some of his summer vacation with his buddies in California. We understand that, although we don't like it. At thirteen grandma and grandpa clearly aren't the "draw" they used to be. He is a good traveler and I know he has enjoyed all the places we have taken him over the years. Hopefully many good memories for him as I know our memories with him are special.

I'll keep you posted as our plans materialize.

Tomorrow, or the next day, I will go to the storage unit and exercise Marge's generator. I'll take a few pics of the process. It is boring to just sit there while it runs under half load for at least forty-five minutes. I have been thrilled at how well it has been running since I adjusted the governor (which many suggested only a certified generator mechanic should do.) I obviously ignored their advice. You will recall we had some issues with it in Alburqueque at the high altitude as well as a gas line leak. When I get Marge home I will need to change the generator oil and oil filter. An easy job but messy (I always manage to get a lot of oil on me.) She will also need to be dewinterized and the batteries checked out thoroughly.

LET THE RV SEASON BEGIN!





No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...