Monday, March 16, 2020

March 16tlh - Blog Appearance, Summer Trip, and YouTube TV

I have been trying to make some changes in the blog appearance. Many things on the layout page do not work as I think they should. Today I'm trying out a new "theme", I like it better for now. I need to keep experimenting. I bought a used book "Google Blogger for Dummies" which I hope will help me figure things out so I can present a more "sophisticated" blog page. LOL

We were planning on flying Grandson Kellen in from California when school lets out on Memorial Day Weekend. We were scheduling about a month long RV trip known as the "Michigan Circle" during the month of June. Now due to the Coronavirus his school has been closed indefinitely. We must now assume that they will extend the school year to make up for this time off. That being the case we have decided not to make any reservations for this trip until we learn how this is going to all shake out.

Here in Perryville the schools are closing on Wednesday and all meetings and events with over fifty people have been cancelled. Even going to church has become an individual decision. I am glad to see that people are taking this pandemic seriously.

We went to Walmart earlier today for a quick trip to pick up a few essentials. We found the shelves in many areas bare. We wanted potatoes but the only potatoes available were sweet potatoes and high-priced baby potatoes. The frozen foods cases were about empty, although ice cream is still in great supply.  I didn't check out the toilet paper availability. (We have plenty.) Many other shelves were bare as well. It is all a little weird I must say.

At home we are trying out YouTube TV to replace Dish. It is accessed through an App on our phones. Here is the App on my phone.


YouTube TV is less than half the price per month of Dish and it, along with Netflix and Amazon Prime, provides all the TV we need to watch. We purchased a Chromecast adapter so that we can cast anything from our phones to the TV. It is pretty cool. When traveling we will no longer need to pack the big, clunky dish and tripod. All we will need is a Chromecast adapter for the RV's TV, a charged phone, and an internet connection. In Florida we will get internet through the cable company while at the RV Park. There is a learning curve with YouTube TV because you use your phone rather than a remote but I think it is going to work out fine.

It continues to rain here so I'm not getting Homer or Marge out of storage. Since our April flights have been cancelled I have plenty of time to get them both home and de-winterized before we head out anywhere.





No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...