Saturday, February 13, 2021

February 13, 2021 - Vaccine, Laundry, and Rain

The other day I was driving back from getting a few ingredients to make a pot of chili and while stopped in a construction area I took a picture of this guy with the beard. Why would anyone want to have a beard braided ponytail to deal with all day everyday? It seems to me that working construction this could be very dangerous. Maybe he wasn't working. Maybe he was just "visiting" with the construction worker. He didn't have a safety vest on.


For the last two weeks I have been online for many hours trying to get Covid vaccination appointments. The Florida system to sign up is totally jacked up. Limited doses were released through Publix grocery/drug stores. You have to register and then get online at 6:00 or 7:00 a.m. on certain days waiting for a chance to book an appointment. I was using both the laptop and the iPad to try and snag appointments. Here is a picture of my setup. For hours and days on end I would just sit at the table and watch the screens until it came up - "All Appointments Are Booked". GRRRRR!



What is really bizarre about this system is if you do get a chance to "Book Now", you then had to input all your personal and medical information again. Often by then the slots were all filled. This happened about a dozen times over several days. A fifth grader could have designed a better system.

On Wednesday morning, AFTER 3.5 HOURS ONLINE, I finally got appointments for Sunday, February 14th but they are in Tallahassee, a 4.5 hour drive away. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I was lucky to get mine at 12:48 p.m. and Kelly's at 1:48 p.m. so we won't have to spend a lot of time hanging around there. We will drive up and back tomorrow. We will have to go back there for the second dose as well on March 14th. We are barely getting in the second dose before we leave here on the 31st of March.

Today is Saturday - laundry day. I filled the car up with gas for the trip tomorrow and arrived at the laundromat just after 7:00 when it opened. I was the only one there because everyone else looked at the weather forecast.


I go early because I like being there by myself. Floridians and retirees here do not get up early. It was interesting that several dryers were full of clothes. They tell people to not start drying after 8:30 p.m. because they lock the place up at 9:00 p.m. but people do it anyway. As a result their clothes are still there this morning. Ignorant.


Not long after I arrived at the laundromat a major rain storm moved in. It rained so hard I could not hear anything in this metal-roofed building. Here is a picture.


The picture didn't capture the rain so I tried a video for the first time on this blog. I hope it works.


Since it is supposed to rain all day today I will make my famous chili. I found a recipe that Kelly likes. We get two meals out of batch. We do a lot of cooking because we are not going into any restaurants while down here. 

I believe the forecast is rain off and on until Monday. It is 72 degrees so I'm not complaining about some rain. Tomorrow we will be on the road all day so who cares if it rains?

While it is gloomy today, it is not that way many days. Here is a picture of the sunset from our patio the other evening.






No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...