Tuesday, November 24, 2020

November 24, 2020 - Trees Removed at the Lake Lot

Daughter Alexa came down from St. Louis last night to help with a project at the lake lot. We had two cedar trees we wanted to cut down because they weren't providing much shade and were interfering with better trees on the lot. Alexa, Kelly and I went out this morning, cut the two trees down and piled up the branches.  Here is a picture of me working on the second tree which was actually forked.

Here are pictures of each stump, one on each side of the steps.



The trees weren't that big and they fell exactly where I wanted them to. I will come out later and cut the stumps down to ground level to lesson a trip hazard. 

Lots of branches spread all over the area as I cut.


I cut the trunks in blocks for campfires and the branches were piled up for burning. Here is a picture of each pile of branches and a picture of my help as we ate a sandwich for lunch. In the background behind Kelly you can see the row of cedar blocks for campfires.



I am happy to report that my new chain saw worked flawlessly after having been repaired due to debris in the carburetor from the factory. 

We had the time today to burn a lot of the branches but it was just too windy to risk it. Since we are heading south on Monday they will just have to lay there until spring when we get back. They will be good and dry by then and will burn quickly. We will bring Homer out and burn branches while camping for a couple of days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...