Sunday, March 17, 2024

March 12, 2024 - March 17, 2024 - This Week in Florida

Tuesday morning I installed the ceiling fan that I replaced in the guest bedroom in the shed. It is always hot in there, particularly when the washer and dryer are running. It is hooked in with the lights but I think I need to rewire it so it can be on without the lights.

At noon we met Michigan friends, Lee and Sherrie and Terry and Julie, at the American Legion Hall at Medeira Beach. The weather was beautiful and we had a nice visit.

Wednesday morning I drove over and got a hair cut by Gary at Robert's RV Resort. It was good to see him and get the Robert's gossip. My last haircut by Gary until next year.

Kelly had an eye doctor appointment late morning. After that I painted the rattan table black to match the chairs on the lanai. Before and after pictures of the table. After painting it we decided to leave the mirror off.


I also painted the two brown metal, cushioned chairs black to match the other black chairs and table. I'm happy with the results.


I purchased two Hunter ceiling fans for $10.00 each off of Facebook Market and picked them up. We wanted to replace the master bedroom fan because it had a hum. I spent about two hours installing the new fan. It is larger and moves a lot more air. It is a beast.


Unfortunately, the first one I installed hummed louder than the fan I replaced! I took it down and replaced it with the other fan. The other fan did not hum but we decided it was hung too low for the bedroom and was too large. We went to Lowes and purchased this fan, which we like much better.


While at Lowes we also purchased new lamp shades for the bedroom lamps. The old ones were too long and narrow, making it hard to get your hand up to turn the lamps on and off.


The new ones are a better color for the room and a better shape for using them.


I put the two Hunter fans on the park's "Buy-Sell" page and sold them the next day.

One day I did go with Kelly and get my first ever pedicure. It was an interesting experience but not worth the money to me.




The next project was painting two small walls in the kitchen walkway. We decided to paint these walls green to match the other green accent walls (which had been raspberry color). Now the entire East wall of the living area is green. It breaks up all the white in the area. We like the look.


For St. Patrick's Day Kelly made Corned Beef and Cabbage. She added potatoes and carrots with it. It was delicious!


The end of another wonderful week here in Florida. Only two left until we head home. I saw this plaque in the office and want to pass it on.




 













No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...