Friday, June 2, 2023

June 1st - June 2nd, 2023 - We Bought a Truck

On the internet the other day Kelly found a 2006 Toyota Tundra in St. Louis at Volvo of West County. It appeared to be a nice truck in the year and price range we have been looking. We went up yesterday and after driving it and dickering a little, we bought it. It is the nicest seventeen-year-old truck I have ever seen. It spent most of its life in California so there is no rust. Even though it is only two-wheel drive, Kelly needs the running boards to get in.  I must admit I like them as well. It has a DYI spray in bedliner, which is fine.


The interior is every bit as nice as the exterior.



It has all the bells and whistles I want. It has an older aftermarket Pioneer Stereo system. I say it is older because it has a CD player in it. This radio changes colors and it is quite complicated to operate. It does work with the steering wheel controls, which is nice. I downloaded the Owner's Manual and it is 88 pages long


I can't find anything that doesn't work on the truck except I can't get the garage door openers to communicate with the truck remotes. I emailed the company about the issue. Hopefully they will have a fix.

While the interior was spotless the running board runners were faded and in need of attention. I worked on them today. This is a before picture:


I used a product that I bought many years ago and had a partial bottle left in my automotive cleaning products box. I can't remember the last time I used this stuff, or even on what vehicle. It brings black rubber and plastic parts back to its original dark color. I don't know how long the running board runners will hold up but they look good today. This is the "after" picture.


Now I'm in business to hook up the trailer, load up the riding mower, and head to the lake to cut the grass. With the lack of rain around here I don't think I will have to be in a hurry to get out there. Instead I need to study the 88-page stereo Owner's Manual!







 


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...