Monday, December 5, 2022

December 5, 2022 - First Resort Meeting to Get the Scoop

At this park every Monday there is a meeting at 8:30 a.m. where everyone is advised of activities, etc. coming up. Free coffee and donuts are provided. I sat with a nice bunch of people. I am sure I will not remember most of their names. LOL The clubhouse is large and really nice. Here is a picture taken from the back just in front of the kitchen. Almost all the tables filled up before the meeting started.

They play a lot of Pickle Ball here every day and can accommodate sixteen players on the courts at a time. They have about thirty-two wanting to play at all times. A fellow announced that he had set up a time to teach the rules and show newbies how the game is played. It filled up immediately and he had to cutoff participants at this time. Crazy.

On my way back to the RV I went by the Corn Hole Courts. The Cornhole boxes are made out of concrete. It doesn't seem to me that the bags would slide very well on that surface. I don't know if you have to bring your own bags or if some are available somewhere. I'll have to check that out. Here is a picture of the courts and a concrete Corn Hole box up close.


The surface isn’t all that smooth, so I don’t think you get much sliding into the hole action.

This resort is more like a mobile home park than an RV park despite lots of RVs here. There are no games like Corn Hole, or any other games, played in the street like we did at Roberts. Many more golf carts go up and down the streets than cars. The place is really quiet, and no gas golf carts are allowed.

Also, on my way back I stopped in the mail room next to the office. Getting mail here is also different from other parks where we have stayed. There is an actual "Mail Room" by the office. Your mail is placed in a pigeonhole with your lot number on it. If you get a package that won't fit a pink card is put in the pigeonhole and the carrier places the package on top of the mail rack as close to your lot number as possible. If the package is too large to sit up there it is placed on the floor along the wall. We had no mail, which wasn't a surprise. Our mail is being collected and mailed to us once per week on Wednesday.

Kelly’s first activity was playing Bunco this afternoon.  I passed on that and rode my bike down to Lake Adelaide in the back of the resort. Here is a picture of the lake from the shore and from the dock. The lake isn't nearly as big as I expected.


As I rode along on the sidewalk I noticed these guys hanging out nearby pecking around.

I turned around at the end of the sidewalk and as I was riding back a lady walking her dog told me there were no bicycles allowed on the path. I told her I didn't see a sign when I came in. She said "Yes, there is a sign". I said "okay". I exited by a different path, which is in the middle of the resort, and sure enough where the path intersected with the road there was a sign saying, "no bicycles or golf carts allowed". I then peddled over to where I entered the path at the far end of the resort and THERE WAS NO SIGN SAYING 'NO BICYCLES OR GOLF CARTS'! So, she was right, and I was right. Anyway, I don't want to get kicked out, so I'll stay off the sidewalk to the lake. In fact, I'll probably never go back down to the lake. It isn't much to see although someone said you can see the alligators' eyes at night. That might be fun.

Kelly got back from Bunco and didn't win. Surprise, surprise. Kelly will be helping with Bingo tomorrow and will play "Card Bingo" (Bingo using playing cards rather than Bingo cards) on Wednesday. Wednesday and Friday they have woodcarving so I may go check that out. Busy, busy, busy.


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy that weather! Here it's gray and misty and 40s-50s, which is just cold enough to be annoying!

    ReplyDelete

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...