Wednesday, December 14, 2022

December 11 - 14, 2022 - Golf, Pool, Decorating, Woodcarving, and Block Party

Sunday I took a picture of these two guys walking around on our lot. At another time I saw four of them walking down the street liked they owned the place.

Monday I played golf for the first time this season. The golfing group goes to an RV resort ten miles away that has a nine-hole course. It isn't the fanciest course around, but you can't beat it for $18.00 for nine holes including the cart. I laughed because the carts are 1995 models. I'm sure this helps keep down the costs. We played at 10:00 a.m. and it was really overcast and cool. I didn't take my jacket off until the 6th hole. I played terribly, as usual, but the guys I played with weren't a whole lot better and could care less how poorly I played. 

Tuesday morning Kelly went to the pool for the first time here. In six plus years at Roberts RV Park neither of us ever went to the pool. The pool and surrounding pool area here is quite large and there are periodic pool parties. Here are two pictures


Tuesday morning we received an invitation to the first "D Street Block Party", which is held the second Wednesday of every month. You bring your drinks, your chairs, and a snack to share. A nice way to meet the neighbors. 

Tuesday afternoon Kelly decorated Marge for Christmas. We do not have room for a tree, so we hang various items around, including two Santas that Kelly painted by number. (Those are my Christmas presents up on the shelf.)




Wednesday woodcarving was at 10:00 a.m. As I continued to work on my boot I screwed up and punched a hole in it. A dumb beginner's mistake. Someone suggested plastic wood to the rescue. I didn't know if he was kidding or not. I think the picture makes the boot look rougher than it really is.

These guys are serious carvers. Look at the tools they have and their skills. The arrow points to the top of a walking stick. The top has balls inside that roll around. Unreal.

Wednesday evening was the first "D Street Block Party". There were about eight couples. A number of people aren't here yet. It was nice meeting the neighbors from Ontario, South Dakota, New York, Indiana, Ohio, and Minnesota. You brought your own drinks and only one guy besides me had a beer. Everyone else was drinking water and bottled tea. I learned it is a block party, not a "Happy Hour". Kelly brought a tray of her homemade Christmas cookies, and they were a hit. The food provided was great and there was enough that we didn't need to make supper. A nice group. Some of them have been coming here for twenty years. 

After the block party we took down the sunshade and put the awning up because thunderstorms are predicted for tomorrow with winds up to 20 mph. No sense taking any chances.

Kelly said tomorrow is the pool party so we will see how that goes. It is two hours long around the pool with live music. Should be fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...