Wednesday, November 30, 2022

November 30, 2022 - We Made It To Florida!!!

We left Dalton, Georgia at 8:00 a.m. after the storm passed through. The Baymont Motel breakfast was awful for me. I’m on a flour-free and sugar-free diet so the only thing I could eat was buttered grits (yuck) and yogurt. They had no eggs, no sausage, just biscuits and gravy, waffles and toast. Lots of cheap carbs!

As we headed South we had to watch the storm ahead. We drove through a little light rain most of the day and surprisingly flew through downtown Atlanta. There was a lot of traffic but it kept moving. I’ve found the drivers there to be very good about letting you  I’ve into the correct lane as you navigate the multiple Interstates down there. We just took our time to let the storm pass through before we got there. 

Our second stop was Lake City, Florida. I saw a billboard for Comfort Suites with truck parking. Much appreciated. I got Marge parked on the lot before we registered. Here she is sitting proud this evening with the big boys.


This motel is a LOT nicer than the Baymont but much pricier as well. They even have a breakfast menu!


The front desk lady gave us a list of several suggested restaurants for supper. We picked a seafood place and headed there. Kelly started off with a beer to celebrate our arrival in Florida.


I ordered a seafood platter and got much more than I bargained for but I managed to get most of it down.


We could have split my entree but Kelly wanted a bowl of clam chowder and the crab cake appetizer. She said the clam chowder was in the top ten she has ever tasted (and believe me she is particular about her clam chowder). Mama was happy and that’s always a good thing. In the morning we have a 3 1/2 hour drive to the RV park. The rain we were expecting upon our arrival has been called off and we can expect cloudy and 78 degrees when we arrive. I’ll need to break out my shorts in a hurry!



No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...