Monday, June 6, 2022

June 6th - Work Day at the Lake Lot - Homer to the Shop

Yesterday was a beautiful day so we decided to do a little work at the lake lot. I had made a ramp out of 2 x 6 boards for driving the golf cart in and out of the shed. I had trouble getting the boards to stay in place so Kelly thought I ought to make the ramp walkable and permanent. I added 5/8 inch siding to the framework, painted it, and installed it yesterday. It will last for years.


Upon looking at it I decided I need to paint the inside of the doors. The waffle board looks pretty tacky. I also need to decide what to do with the landscaping stones I had there for steps before. a couple are supporting the ramp but the rest need to go.

Next I cut off two cedar stumps left last year after I cut the trees down. Now I can mow over them and we won't trip over them in the dark. Being cedar they will probably never rot away.



Finally, we used loppers to cut off lots of low hanging branches. Here is Kelly working on burning the pile of brush we created.


While it finished burning we sat and had a beer and enjoyed the beautiful weather while watching people put in and take their boats out of the water.

I also took out to install on the golf cart a panoramic rearview mirror. It was advertised to fit our cart but it doesn't. I need to make longer brackets. Today's project.

After returning home we dropped Homer off at the shop for mechanical work today. The leaking fuel issue needs to be resolved, as well as the "Rear ABS" light checked, and the parking brake fixed. Hopefully we will get him back this evening or tomorrow. We are taking him to Canton, Missouri, next week for an RV Club campout on the Mississippi River. We've never been there so looking forward to it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...