Saturday, June 11, 2022

June 10, 2022 - Homer Repaired and Upcoming Campout

Homer was in the shop all week rather than just a day or two as I expected. We got him back yesterday (Friday) at 5:00 p.m. just before closing time. The gas tank leak was caused by a varmint chewing on the fuel line on the top of the tank. Squirrels had chewed on a gas line up under the cab last year which I had to get fixed. When we first moved here there were no squirrels, now they are everywhere. I need a BB gun with a scope! (Probably not allowed in the city limits.)

They dropped the gas tank, patched the line, and put plastic wire loom over it, hopefully to deter future chewing. The Rear ABS light being on was finally diagnosed as a faulty sensor, so it was replaced. They thought the parking brake issue was fixed a few days ago but then they realized that the cable kept sticking so the cable was replaced. I like to have the parking brake on when parked. Just being in Park while moving walking around inside doesn't seem to be good for the transmission.

I exercised the generator this morning then turned it off and plugged Homer into the electric. I turned on the fridge so it can get cooled down and so the batteries could get charged. We will load Homer tomorrow for our trip to Northern Missouri on Monday for a club campout. It is going to be REALLY hot all next week, like our campout was last month. Bummer. The campground is on the bank of the Mississippi so I'm hoping there might be a breeze. Homer has a good AC unit so it will get a workout. It will be nice to see our friends. 

While camping I have to install a new shut off valve on Celina's freshwater tank. Last month I pulled the defective valve and looked all over but couldn't find a replacement. I ended up plugging the line so she could fill the tank and got online and ordered a new valve. It should be an easy install, just not easy to get to.

I will also restring a broken day/night shade in Jim's rig while camping. We will have a lot of down time with the heat so it will help keep me busy. LOL. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...