Saturday, December 18, 2021

December 17, 2021 - Loom Project and Sunset on the Water

Last year I installed four blue 12-volt night lights in the bathroom and bedroom area of Marge. Here is a picture of one light.

When I installed the lights I used duct tape to stick the wires to the cabinetry out of the way. Duct tape does not stick well to wood, especially with the drastic temperature changes in an RV. The wires all fell loose in the cabinets. I decided to put plastic loom over the wires and mount the loom in place with clips.

I ordered a package of 1/4 inch loom - 100 feet! I just couldn't pass it up because it was as cheap as 10 feet. Here is what is left.  If you need any loom, let me know. I probably only used about 15 feet.


I soon learned that getting the wire in the loom after the fact is a pain. After fighting it for about a half hour I decided to go online to see if they made a tool which would keep the loom open as I fed in the wire. I quickly found such a tool. It was $10.00 on Amazon for a cheap little plastic tool. I'm a tool guy but I will probably never use it again, so I passed on buying one. I watched a video on how the tool worked and decided to make my own tool out of a piece of baling wire.  After several "modifications" I came up with this design. It worked well enough. When the loom was installed, I just threw the wire away.

Here are a couple of pictures of the loom mounted in place under the floor where I picked up the 12-volt power.


Here is a picture of the loom running through one of the cabinets to connect the lights to the switch.


Now I don't have to be concerned about anything catching on the wires when retrieving items from the cabinets.

Mid-afternoon John came over and asked if we wanted to go with him and Joan to the American Legion Hall to listen to a little music and have a few drinks. This American Legion Hall is located on the water at Medeira Beach. We have been there several times and it is a beautiful setting. It was a warm, sunny afternoon so we agreed immediately to go. Here are a couple of pictures from our table as sundown approached and a picture of my drinking mates.



We left at sundown and headed to Glory Days Restaurant for their Friday Night Fish Special. A wonderful time with wonderful friends. That's why we are here.


1 comment:

  1. You all look marvelous !!! Very jealous on one hand and the other so happy for you all. Hi to everyone!

    ReplyDelete

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...