Tuesday, August 3, 2021

August 1st - 3rd - A Couple of Days at the Lake Lot

The weather cooled off on Sunday so we decided to head out to the lake for a few days. Here is Homer all set up for a couple of days of relaxation.


On Sunday and Monday I caught a couple of bass about 10 inches long but threw them back. A bigger one got away because my line broke. I think I need to put new string on the reels.  

Monday night it cooled off considerably so we didn't need the air-conditioning. In fact it was 65 degrees in Homer when I got up in the morning. Here is a picture of the steam rising from the lake as I walked out to fish. It was quite nice to see.

Across from where I was fishing there was a large heron doing a little fishing on the bank. He couldn't have cared less about me throwing a line out toward him. 

After he saw some activity along the shore, he flew off and landed down the way on a sunken tree to watch for fish. 

I never did see him catch anything but he clearly had more patience than me. I headed back to Homer for my second cup of coffee.  The nice thing about going to the lake is that it is only a 20 minute drive home. We headed home before it got too hot for unpacking. We need to do this again if the weather cooperates.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...