Thursday, July 29, 2021

July 28th-29th - Homer Projects

Yesterday I drained the water tanks which had been sitting with bleach in them for a couple of days to get rid of the RV antifreeze taste. While doing that I noticed that the faucet strainers didn't seem to be at full flow. I took each one out. Both were BADLY blocked up.  The first picture is of the bathroom strainer. It not only had sandy grit in it but also two sizeable pieces of white plastic. I have no idea how they got in the water tank and lines.

The next picture is of the kitchen strainer. It too was blocked with sandy debris plus had a number of tiny pieces of white plastic in it as well.


Once the strainers were cleaned and reinstalled the water flowed as it should from each faucet. I have not used a water filter on Homer because he is rarely hooked to city water, only the tank filled. Maybe I need to consider using a filter.

The second project on Homer yesterday was to make an extension rod so that I could use a drill to raise and lower the back stabilizing jacks. I have never used them before because we move around frequently with Homer and I haven't been concerned with a little shaking as we walked around inside. I was quite surprised that the jacks were not seized up nor hard to crank down. My friend Gary gave me a 3/4 inch socket to use for the project. I welded it to a 14 inch long piece of rebar which chucks into my drill. It worked fine so I painted it silver to inhibit rust and to make it easy to see on the ground. Here is a picture of the finished project.


I'm waiting for the new fire/co alarm to arrive today so I can install it. With that Homer will be ready for the next adventure. I just wish it wasn't so danged hot to travel anywhere.




No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...