Tuesday, March 16, 2021

March `16, 2021 - Recap

March 10th a bunch of us took a road trip to Plant City for a strawberry ice cream. It is a a little crazy to drive an hour for an ice cream but it is a tradition when the strawberries start to come in. Here is a picture of our neighbors, Marj and Chris, enjoying theirs. They are from Oxford, Michigan and are great folks and great neighbors.

After the ice cream we made a trip to the local winery. They had a nice outdoor dining area so we had hors d'oeuvres. Some had a sampler of five wines, we had a sampler of five beers. It was a great time. Here is a picture of our group.

This is a picture of a blue heron on the winery grounds by the pond. (He wouldn't let me get very close.)

March 12th was the annual St. Patrick's Day Golf Cart Parade here at the park. (Don't ask me why they don't have it on St. Patrick's Day because I have no idea.) One of the ladies down the street decided to cook corned beef and cabbage for everyone. With the number of people she needed help so Kelly cooked four corned beefs. It was a great meal. Here are a couple of pictures of people sitting around having drinks and dinner. There were about forty in attendance.


After dinner the golf cart parade came down our street. Here are some pictures of carts of friends on our street. It was a nice parade.



I could have decorated my bike and rode in the parade but I didn't.

Saturday night about six of us went to the stock car races because they were having regular races plus  figure 8s. It was quite exciting at times. I had never been to a figure 8 race before. I tried to take pictures of the close calls on the figure 8s but they didn't come out very well. One of the classifications was "Old School" stock cars. They were the high dollar cars and seeing them brought back memories of going to the stock car races fifty years ago.  Here is a picture of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.

Sunday Kelly and I drove to Tallahassee to get our second Covid shot. It was a ten hour trip up and back but now it is over with. I felt fine until about twenty-two hours after the shot then I got a 101 fever, chills, and a headache. I bundled up and went to bed. The fever broke after about three hours. I still have the headache. It kept me up most of last night. It is like a dull sinus headache. Hopefully by the end of today I will be totally back to normal.

Tonight there is a hamburger supper. We bought tickets. You get two hamburgers and two side dishes. It is a good deal. Normally it would be a sit down dinner but this year it is a drive through. They have always been great burgers and I'm sure this year will not be an exception.







No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...