Monday, July 6, 2020

July 6th - A Little Homer Upgrade Today

Homer was built before car door pockets were a thing. I find them very handy for small items. There is very little dash area storage in Homer so I have been looking for some way to add door pockets. Most of the ones I came across were really small. I wanted something bigger and finally settled upon some nets that were designed to Velcro to carpet in the back of SUVs. I mounted thin pieces of hardboard on the sides and Velcroed them to the doors. The Velcro did not do well in the heat. So today I used automotive moulding tape to hold them in place. It is used to hold the moulding on the sides of cars so it can take extreme heat and cold. Here is a picture. I put one net on each door. Now we have a place for a bottle of water, flashlight, map, etc.


I am happy with they way they turned out. Only time will tell if they will stay affixed with the moulding tape. I really don't want to drill into the door panels if I don't have to.

Today I also was able to get in touch with the company I ordered a new converter/charger from on June 21st. I had heard nothing about it being shipped. He informed me the converter/charger I picked out was backordered and was being discontinued. You would think he would have called or emailed me and told me that. Anyway, he sold me the exact same charger/converter that just failed on me after five years. He said it is the best around. Maybe I just got a bad one the first time. In any event he should get it shipped out soon and I can put all that back together. As of now Homer is hooked up to the original 27 year old charger sitting on the floor to keep the batteries charged. I unplug it at night because it is not a smart charger and will overcharge the batteries, causing them to boil out battery acid if it is on all the time.







No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...