Sunday, July 5, 2020

July 5th - A Minor Repair on Homer

It has been really hot here in Missouri. Today Kelly and I installed the new stair rails for the house deck upgrade. Now all that is left to finish up the project is some touch up paint and painting the surface of the deck. I will wait for cooler weather for that.

A little project on Homer today was fixing the entry door pull handle.  While it was still functional, it was loose due to the plastic breaking. It was not going to last much longer. Here is a picture.


You can see the plastic mounting bracket on the left was broken and a piece missing. We had pulls like this on the doors of a 1978 Cadillac we owned back in the day. I've learned that lots of RV parts come from the automotive industry. Our Cameo 5th wheel has Chevrolet truck tail light lenses.

Here is a close up of the two plastic brackets once taken off to be used for patterns.



Because the plastic was broken out on one side around the screw head that side would not tighten down.  I made new brackets out of scraps of oak in the shop.  Here is a picture of the new brackets with new stainless steel screws.


The brackets worked out fine and screwed down tight. Now when I pull the door shut I won't have to worry about it further breaking off or coming out in my hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...