Saturday, May 2, 2020

May 2nd - Better Plug for Hole in Wheel Well

Today I decided to address the open hole in the wheel well. It was time to upgrade my "rag plug". I was going to use foam rubber but the area around the hole is not very thick to hold it. I also know that mice chew through foam but not through steel wool. I decided to use steel wool instead.  Here is a picture with the wire hole stuffed with steel wool the best I could do it without pushing it through the hole.


I then covered the entire area with gaffer's tape which hopefully will hold the steel wool in place and keep the dirt out. Here is a picture. Note the color of the carpet near this hole.


To the right of the hole in the wheel well is a hole for the wires to go up into the wall.  I pushed a wad of steel wool in to plug it. Here is a picture.

 
Notice how dirty the wires are from the hole in the wheel well. On the left you can see the "clean" pink carpet which is away from the hole in the wheel well. I am not going to try and clean up these wires. Water or other cleaner could get into the connections and cause grief. I'm leaving well enough alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...