Thursday, May 28, 2020

May 28th - Something I've Never Seen Before

This is something I don't remember seeing in my lifetime. Diesel the same price as gasoline.


When I was growing up in the fifties and sixties and even into the seventies, diesel was always cheaper than gasoline. In 2000 we purchased a diesel motorhome, and ever since then, diesel has been more expensive than gasoline by about a quarter a gallon.  Homer has a gas engine but the RAM tow vehicle is a diesel. We now have cheap diesel and gasoline but we can't take either RV on a long trip with the Covid19. What a bummer.

Today the new wiper blades I ordered for the trick arrived. I buy PIAA blades online because they last longer than regular blades. The pair was $45.00. I remember buying wiper blades for $6.00 a pair and it seemed they like they lasted a lot longer then. The truck sits outside all the time and the originals lasted almost four years so I can't complain. Here are the new ones installed.


I can't believe how faded the wiper arms are already.  The sun destroys plastic and rubber. To prolong the life of the wipers I made foam covers for them. Here is a picture. 


It is just 3/4 inch pipe insulation cut to length. It cost about $1.50 and if it prolongs the blades for a year I'm way ahead. I only use them when the truck is sitting for a long time at home or in Florida. I have a pair for Homer also.  To protect the interior of the truck from sun damage when he is sitting around for long periods of time I cover all the windows with reflective material. This was at the suggestion of my autobody man. I wish the truck would fit in the garage then I wouldn't have to do all this.









No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...