Thursday, October 17, 2019

October 16th - 17th - Flying Video and Generator Fuel Line Leaks

Yesterday our pilot, Brian, posted a video he took of my flight last Wednesday. He took it with a camera attached to the basket. It is a totally different perspective than my video. It starts with the basket laying down on its side which is the way the pilot gets in and then gets pulled up by the balloon as it rises.

Click on the link below to highlight the video, then click on it again to open it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=yWZvXFoCTRE

There may be a better way to post a YouTube Video. I am learning about posting videos so bear with me.

While unloading Marge when we got home on Tuesday I noticed a wet spot under the generator. When I opened the door I found that the fuel line from the tank to the fuel filter had a hole in it and was leaking pretty badly. The leak was at a spot where the fuel line had a pretty hard bend in it. I cut a short piece of the line off and reattached it. That seemed to solve the problem. Here is a picture of it fixed. If the bend wears a hole I will have to do some rerouting of the line and filter.



There is still a fuel leak where the fuel line comes out of the top of the fuel pump. It is a slow drip from the threaded fitting and I think it has vibrated loose after six years. We have used the generator more this year than all the previous years with our trip to Newfoundland and this two week boondocking trip. Here is a picture.


Since both fittings are threaded I will have to take it apart and put some gasket sealer on the threads going into the fuel pump and hope that stops the leak. Because of the threaded fuel line on the left going into the carburetor the fitting has to stop tight at a certain spot to match up. That is my project for today. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...