Monday, September 23, 2019

September 23rd - Sewer Cap Fix and Reservations

Today the new sewer cap arrived in the mail. Actually two of them arrived because I accidentally ordered two. I tried to stop the order on one but was too late. At less than $3.00 each, it is not worth sending one back. I'll put the extra in my parts bin.

Here is a picture of the new cap with a "Made in USA" sticker proudly displayed on it. How often do you see that nowadays, particularly on something that only cost $2.97?


Here is a picture of the cap installed. It took less than two minutes to cut the old wire tie off , fasten the new rubber cord, and twist on the cap. The fit is quite tight so it should stay on for another 13 years.


Right after I installed the cap the LP Gas guy came to fill up the LP tank on Marge and the LP tank at the house.  Yesterday I filled the gasoline tank for the generator so, other than filling the water tank and putting in food and clothes, we are ready to head out early next Monday morning.

I made reservations for two campgrounds on the way out to Albuquerque next week. One was on the Indian reservation just inside Oklahoma and the other was in Amarillo. I took a picture of the campground address in Oklahoma for a reminder because they did not need a credit card to reserve. I forgot to put anything in my phone about the reservation in Amarillo figuring it would be on my credit card. But they are not going to charge the card until we get there. I forgot the name of the place so I had to get out the Good Sam Book and call a couple of campgrounds until I found the one where I made a reservation. Good thing I called because the reservation was not at the place I thought. We are staying at Amarillo Ranch RV Park. We will have to fill our water tank and dump our sewer tanks there so we are ready to dry camp in Albuquerque the next day.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...