Sunday, September 18, 2022

September 16-18, 2022 - Weekend at the Lake

For whatever reason we do not use the lake lot at Lake Perry as much as we would like. We go out on a regular basis to cut the grass but our schedule seldom allows us to just hang out there for a few days. The weather forecast for the weekend was great, and we had nothing planned, so we headed out on Friday morning after I graduated from Physical Therapy that morning.

It was really quiet at the lake on Friday, and actually all weekend. After we got Homer all set up we got out the golf cart and took a ride around checking out new construction and other improvements being made.

We were almost back from our rounds when we stopped to look at something. When we then went to leave the golf cart would not start. I've known about this problem since I bought it. Once the motor gets hot and it will not start back up until it cools down. I've been told this is caused by a faulty ignition coil.  It is easy to replace it but it takes a couple of hours work getting stuff taken off the engine to get to it. A project before winter will be to replace it. After waiting ten minutes it started right up and back to the campsite we went.

Friday we had a campfire and Kelly put this branch on. It did eventually burn in half and then burn up totally. As you can see it is daylight when we start our fires. We have to start our campfires early in teh day because by 8:30 we are both usually ready for bed. LOL. We are real party animals, even at the lake.

Saturday morning I was sitting by the fire pit drinking my coffee when I noticed a heron on the roof of the docks across from us. I walked up closer to take a picture and he could care less about me being there.

It was a great weekend with hardly anybody around. It was also nice that we came home with nothing on Homer needing to be fixed or improved! Our September and October months are quite busy so I don't know if we will get another weekend, or couple of days during the week, out at the lake before Homer has to be winterized. I hope so. It is relaxing.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...