Tuesday, September 28, 2021

September 28th - Homer to the Shop Tomorrow

Homer is headed to the shop tomorrow through no fault of his own. Squirrels got under him, tore up the insulation in the underside of the cab floor to make a nest and chewed a hose off that needs to be replaced. Here is a picture of the material I pulled out that was being made into a nest under the cab. 

Seeing a squirrel in the area and something hanging down under Homer the other day is what caused me to investigate.  Here is a picture of the chewed hose. 

It appears to be a braided gas line. I started the engine and no gas came out so I'm thinking it might be a breather line or a return line. In any event I don't have the knowledge or parts to fix it. While Homer is in the shop I'm having the parking break repaired as well. Sometimes it engages when pressed and sometimes it doesn't. The parking brake is important to use when Homer is stopped for the night and we are sleeping inside.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...