Thursday, December 3, 2020

December 3, 2020 - First Days Roberts RV Park

Yesterday I found an urgent care in a nearby CVS Pharmacy. They took "walk-ins" so I headed there to get my eye looked at. I arrived ten minutes before the opening time of 8:30 a.m. but could not check in at the kiosk until 8:30 a.m. Why I don't know because you can check-in online. Once I completed the check-in process I was then told my appointment was for four and a half hours later. The only person around was a nurse. When I inquired about his long delay for a walk-in she was helpful and said that people called in online overnight and made appointments, thus the delay. She saw I was a little taken back by such a wait and, after checking with the nurse practitioner, she told me if I could come back in a half hour they would squeeze me in between a couple of vaccinations. Good deal.

I then walked to Target next door and bought a plunger for the kitchen sink which remained plugged.

When I got back to CVS I was seen by a nurse practitioner and given a prescription for some antibiotic cream for my eye. I filled it there and headed back to the RV. I'm putting it in four times per day. I hope it does the trick.

The RV parks in Florida are large to accommodate snowbirds. I got to thinking that no one had seen the layout of Roberts RV Park where we stay.  We are on Lot 469 on Audrey Street, the "party street". I think there are over 500 lots in this park. Here is a picture of the park layout. I placed a yellow arrow pointing at our lot. We are on the back side - the "low rent district".

Most of the park lots have single and double-wide permanent trailers on them. Our area is 90% RVs. There are a lot of vacancies right now because a lot of snowbirds don't come down until after Christmas and many Canadians will not be able to come down at all because of Covid restrictions not allowing them to cross the border. 

After getting back from the urgent care I hooked up the truck and re-leveled Marge. In the dark we couldn't tell that she wasn't level side-to-side when we unhooked. After that I unloaded the truck so I could park it in the parking lot up the street. We have Kelly's car at our lot and there isn't room for both vehicles.

I then tried the plunger on the kitchen sink. Luckily one plunge and everything was clear. Yippee! I had never had this happen before and was envisioning having to pull everything out of the cabinets and tearing into the drain pipes. I am happy that didn't prove necessary.

Kelly has been down with a cold since we arrived so she has not ventured outside. I hope she feels better today and can go out because it is supposed to be 70 degrees before starting to rain for the next two days.

We had planned on going to Spectrum and getting Wi-fi for our stay. They will do that here with no contracts because of the snowbirds. We decided to try the hotspot on Kelly's phone and it proved to work really well. We will save $70.00 per month.  Another "Yippee".

My task for today is to get the Dish TV satellite dialed in and the Wally receiver updated. It is a process I absolutely hate because it usually takes two hours on the phone with Dish to make it happen. Dish is a necessity for Kelly. I would be happy with just hooking up to the free basic cable provided by the RV park.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...