Sunday, September 20, 2020

September 20, 2020 - Key for Homer's Spare Tire Cover Lock

The local locksmith could not make a spare key for Homer's spare tire cover lock BUT when they took a picture of the inside of the key there was a number "715" stamped in it. I got online and found two of the "715" keys for $3.99 each plus shipping. Cheap enough. I received them promptly and checked them today to make sure they worked. They both worked fine.  Here is a picture of the new key.


Here is a picture of the spare tire cover in place.


Here is a closeup picture of the lock itself. It's mount shape is molded into the fiberglass so getting a different lock to replace it and to make it look right may have been a big problem. I'm glad I didn't have to fool with that.


I re-thought my prior idea of hiding an entire set of keys on the outside of Homer. I really don't know why I did when all I need is the door key to get inside. I can retrieve a set of keys inside which are out of the weather. I purchased a magnetic key holder and have hidden it on Homer with only the door key in it. I shouldn't have to worry about key corrosion any more.




No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...