Tuesday, June 9, 2020

June 5th-9th - Homer Issue and Fuel Prices

On Friday, after installing the new hard start capacitor for Homer's AC unit and running it on the generator to test it out, I plugged Homer back into the 20 amp receptacle to keep the batteries charged. It immediately tripped the GFI. I worked my way from the outlet to Homer taking apart each extension cord to see if any one was the problem. It was strange because he had been plugged into this outlet before I started the AC work.  Everything checked out "okay" until I connected the electric power to the motorhome itself. The GFI tripped. I checked everything I could inside and could not find why it was tripping. I plugged Homer into the 30 amp outlet and everything worked. Either the GFI has gone wonky on me or there is a little electrical leakage somewhere inside Homer. I will check this out at a later date when it is cooler to work in there down on my hands and knees down at the electrical panel.

I reported a few days back that for the first time since I was a teenager I saw the price of diesel the same as gasoline. Today is another milestone - diesel is 20 cents cheaper per gallon than gasoline in Perryville. I haven't seen that literally for many decades.


Today I helped a friend get information and pictures together to sell his motorhome.  It is always a hard decision to sell something you enjoy but times and circumstances change.

We will have our first RV outing next week. We will be heading in Homer to an RV park in Cuba, Missouri, where my sister has a membership and keeps her RV. We will spend three days there and social distance with them. Grandson Kellen will get to see his aunt, uncle, and cousin. It will be good to get out and sit around at a different place and to see everyone as well. I will be praying for cool weather.





No comments:

Post a Comment

September 6, 2024 - October 11, 2024 - Homer Repair and Florida Hurricanes

  My Blog Reflection We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. Calvin Coolidge September 6, 2024: The transmission s...